Graduates Profile and Learning Outcome
Level : D III
Study Program : Aeronautical Engineering
Vision: To be a study program that produces professional engineers in aviation engineering, as well as being a center of excellence in aviation, research, development and application of aviation science and technology, recognized nationally and internationally by 2020.
- Carrying out educational services, developing educational facilities and creating an academic atmosphere that is responsive to the changes and developments of science and technology in aviation engineering generally and in aircraft maintenance particularly.
- Developing applied research related to the problem of aircraft maintenance industry specifically and aviation industry generally.
- Developing cooperation and network between study program and industries especially aircraft maintenance industry and aviation industry generally.
- Conducting research and development of applied aeronautical based technology to be applied to the aircraft maintenance industry particularly and the aviation industry in general and/ or society.
- Aircraft maintenance technician, especially in airframe & power-plant (AP) maintenance: Ahli Madya/ Bachelor who are capable of aircraft maintenance especially in engine maintenance and airframe & power-plant (AP) maintenance in accordance with the document / manual aircraft maintenance systematically and procedural.
- Learning outcome:
- fear of God Almighty and be able to show religious attitude;
- respecting human values in performing the duty, based on religion, morals, and ethics;
- internalizing the values, norms, and academic ethics
- having a role as citizens who take pride and patriotism, nationalism and have responsibility to the state and nation;
- respecting cultural diversity, views, religion, and beliefs, as well as the original opinions or discoveries of others;
- contributing to improving the quality of socialized life, nation, state, and the progress of civilization based on Pancasila;
- cooperating and having social sensitivity and respecting for people and the environment;
- obeying the law and discipline in the social and state life;
- internalizing the spirit of independence, persistence and entrepreneurship;
- demonstrating a responsible attitude towards the work in the field of expertise independently.
- Mastery of Knowledge
- Mastering general theoretical concepts of natural science, engineering principles, engineering sciences required in the implementation of aircraft maintenance at least as specified in the CASR Part 65 regulation within the scope of general mechanical knowledge, frames (airframes) and machinery (powerplant);
- Mastering the theoretical concepts of operational and functional testing methods of aircraft and aircraft components;
- Mastering the general theoretical concept of solving aircraft maintenance problems method;
- Mastering the knowledge of the Aircraft Document/ Publication (from regulators, manufacturers, operators and associations) to the settlement of aircraft maintenance problems;
- Mastering the latest principles and issues on economic, social, ecological in general and relating to aircraft maintenance activities;
- Mastering the knowledge of Indonesian and English communication techniques both written and oral in general and specifically on the concept and process of aviation maintenance by using technical terms in professional and administrative;
- Mastering the knowledge of latest technological developments, especially in aircraft maintenance techniques;
- Mastering the principles and work procedures of workshops/ studios and laboratory activities, management and implementation of safety and health (K3) in general and particularly in the aircraft maintenance industry.
- Mastery of Knowledge
- General Skills
- Being able to complete wide-ranging work and analyze the data with a variety of suitable methods, both standard and non-standard ones;
- Able to demonstrate quality and measurable performance;
- Able to solve the problem of aircraft maintenance work with nature and context to the area of aircraft maintenance expertise based on logical thinking, innovative, and responsible for the results independently;
- Being able to prepare reports of results and work processes of aircraft maintenance accurately and legitimately and effectively communicate them to others in need;
- Able to cooperate, communicate, and innovate in his/her work;
- Be able to take responsibility for the achievement of group work and to supervise and evaluate the completion of aircraft maintenance work assigned to the worker under his/ her responsibility;
- Able to conduct a self-evaluation process against working groups under his/ her responsibility, and manage the development of working competencies independently;
- Able to document, store, secure, and rediscover data to ensure validity and prevent plagiarism.
- SPECIAL SKILL
- Able to apply math, natural science, and engineering principles into technical procedures and practice to solve maintenance problems including: inspection, overhaul, repair, preservation and aircraft components replacement;
- Be able to identify and resolve aircraft maintenance issues using relevant data analysis from the aircraft maintenance Document / Publication (from regulators, manufacturers, operators and associations), relevant databases and references, and choose the method by considering the factors of airworthiness requirements, economy, health, public safety, and the environment;
- Able to carry out aircraft maintenance processes to ensure airworthiness by appropriate consideration to safety, health and environmental issues;
- Able to perform operational and functional testing of aircraft and / or aircraft components after maintenance processes based on procedures and standards, analyzing, interpreting and applying as intended;
- Able to use computer technology and other modern equipments in performing aircraft maintenance;
- Able to conduct nondestructive inspection or testing (NDI / T, Non Destructive Inpection / Test) based on general standard (SNI: Indonesian National Standard and / or ASNT: American Society for Nondestructive Testing) or specialized in aircraft maintenance and repair.
- General Skills
- The industry and company profiles users are as follows:
- Airline company ,
- Company engaged in Aircraft Maintenance
- Services company
- Educational Institutions
- Aeronautical Engineering Study Program has also conducted research on several products such as:
- Winged O Aircraft (closed)
- Swamp Boat
- Water Scooter (Jetski)
- Rotor power plant Savonius
- Gorlov Watermill
And also offers community who are interested to participate in short training programs, such as:
Vision Mission Graduation Profile:
- Composite Technology Short Course
- Technology of Production aircraft Model Short Course
- Preparation Course for Certificate Basic Certificate A1 / A4
- Training on Wind Tunnel Implementation
- And other training relevant to Aeronautical Engineering.